We are committed to doing our bit for the environment. We live in one of the most beautiful parts of the country and we’d like to keep it that way!
Unfortunately, almost all audio-visual equipment is imported from the far-east or at the very least Europe so our carbon footprint is pretty much beyond our control.
However, we tend to drive our diesel vehicles to maximise our MPG and where ever possible combine site visits to the same area on the same day. We have recently joined a scheme run by our fuel card company in conjunction with Forest Carbon to plant trees in the UK to capture the CO2 produced by our vehicles. I wouldn’t go so far as to say that our transport has a zero-carbon footprint but we are doing our very best within economic constraints to keep it as small as possible.
What we are particularly keen on is re-cycling or re-using. Landfill is in short supply in both Devon & Cornwall and we do our very best to minimise our contribution. For this reason, we always remove all packaging and waste materials from site unless a recycling facility is available. So what do we recycle/reuse?
- All Cardboard and Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) is collected on a fortnightly basis by Peninsula Waste Savers Limited.
- Foam, Bubble Wrap and Airbags are also re-used by a local distributor.
- Waste paper from the office as well as unrequired equipment manuals are recycled with a local paper recycler.
- All batteries from a AAA to a heavy duty battery for a backup supply to a PA/VA system are also recycled.
- All off-cuts and reel ends of cable are recycled with a local scrap dealer.
Never complacent, if you have any suggestions how we can do even more for our environment locally or globally, then let us know